Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Be happy

At yoga class today, the teacher asked us to set our intention. Mine was to be happy.

Happiness is what I have been searching for. Ten years ago I wanted to be happy. Ten years later, I still want to be happy.

Yet I have stopped searching for happiness. It is no longer a goal I yearn for. Rather I have accepted happiness is a journey, not something far fetched I aim for.

I am happy as I am. I want to be happy as life is short and when I am happy, people around me are happier. Being happy is a choice and I choose to be happy.

Just like my yoga practice, some days I do better, I push deeper. Some days, my body can't seem to stretch and I am just not in the mood. On those days, I simply go with the flow, be conscious of my breath and stay present.

No comments: