Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Louboutin shoes

Will you spend thousand of dollars to buy a pair of shoes? I always thought they are for socialites with unlimited cash to splurge. Apparently not.  I know colleagues who own Christian Louboutin shoes. For those who do not know what these are, they are shoes worn in Sex and the City with the signature red soles.


I used to find thrills from owning the latest bag or shoes.  Now, the thrill has worn off.  For the amount of money spend on shoes, I would rather take the kids on vacation.  Yes, the price of a pair of shoes is enough to take the family for a weekend get-away.  


My happiest moments are those spent on vacation; either nearby city or exotic locations, I love them all.  And I am going to be true to myself without trying to impress anyone.


Goodbye Louboutin and hello to my flip-flop and the next destination.  


"Since we are not solely material creatures, it is a mistake to place all our hopes for happiness on external development alone." - Dalai Lama

No comments: